Sunday, July 27, 2008

Edner Cherry: "I would love to fight Manny Pacquiao and Nate

BC: I spoke earlier in the article about your spirituality. How big a part of your life does spirituality play?

EC: I always put God first in everything I do. He is the one who provides everything I need. Everywhere I go and everything I do, God is there for me. I make mistakes but I ask god for his guidance to help me correct the mistakes. People do not want to be around negative people. I want to show people love and respect everywhere I go so that they will look at Edner Cherry and say that I’m a nice guy. I want to continue to give God praise for everything he has provided for me. I will continue to praise God, win or lose, after a fight. He has given me the opportunity to be a boxer, and he needs thanks for giving me that gift.

BC: Do you find yourself ever asking the Lord for guidance before or during a fight?

EC: Yes, absolutely.



Read More

No comments: